Online dating is by far the best way to meet women, especially trans women. Not only is it faster, but it’s also cheaper. The amount of money you can spend going out and buying drinks at a bar or club is much less than most dating site monthly memberships. And there are so many niche dating sites, that you can narrow your search so you won’t grow old trying to find what you’re looking for.
I met my last two boyfriends online, one relationship fizzled out and the other turned into a great friendship. I love the adventure aspect of online dating—you never know where it will take you, and with whom!
But there is one thing that can cut the fun short—a boring, lifeless dating profile. I see it time and time again: profiles that lack the pizzazz needed to stand out from hundreds and thousands of others. Why be a 2 when you can be a 10! You have to sell the product—you—just to get a test drive—her. And it’s going to take a little effort, initially.
Once you have your award-winning dating profile, you can start to have fun (but don’t forget a profile needs occasional tweaking and updating.)
Top 5 Tips for a Better Online Dating Profile
1. Make it complete. Sounds obvious, but I see so many profiles that are only half-filled out. And these same guys start messaging, expecting a woman to respond with little information. Women are much more discerning when it comes to dating and hookups, so take the time to write the profile, so we know you’re worth our time.
2. Select top-shelf photos. No more bathroom selfies, please! These are a cheesy turnoff, even if you have a six-pack. Great profile pics include at least one facial close-up (always smile, a serious look can often be misinterpreted as anger) and one with your pet is always cute.
3. Show different sides of yourself. Women like to see a man who has different interests, as well as what makes him unique. Maybe you’re close to your family but travel the world. Maybe you have a corporate job but do stand-up on the weekend. Share what makes you you.
4. State what you’re looking for. This is important as it will save you and any potential matches a lot of time. If you don’t want a relationship, put that out there. There’s no point meeting a hot girl who wants a boyfriend, only to let her down later. If it’s just casual sex you’re after, not to worry, lots of trans women are hookup friendly too.
5. Polish that profile. Have a trusted friend or family member look it over for different reasons. Make sure it is free of spelling and grammatical errors (yes, this matters to many women), and also make sure it sounds like the real you. A buddy may find that you’ve left an important part of you out that is very attractive (we’re not all good at tooting our own horns, but a good friend always will.)
I hope this gives you the confidence to write an awesome profile, or to fix up your existing one. If you have any other tips, please leave them in the comments below!